Sunday, June 14, 2009

PAUL HIKES HALF DOME

Paul was brave enough to take on Half Dome at Yosemite National Park. The hikes was 14 miles and at least half of it was an uphill hike. EWWWWW! Count me out! I would not have been able to walk for a week if I had gone. Anyhow, Paul went with our good friends from TAFB, Ashley DiPrisco and Joe Caruso. As you can see, the spouses are missing...Katie and I knew that we would not be able to hang with these guys, so we opted out, but Mike (Ashley's hubby) was going to go but his AF trip that he was on got delayed and he could not get back in time. Next time Mike...next time. Ooooor maybe not. After the hike, Paul said that the hieghts, the rain and the hail ... that was plenty. Just to give you an idea of how dangerous it was, 2 hours after Paul got off the mountain a man actually died. He slipped off the mountain and fell at least 100 feet, but reports say it could have been as much as 400 feet.

Joe and Paul just strolling along!

Joe, Ash and Paul posing!



Absolutely beautiful!







Breath-taking!


Paul brought along a picture of Coop and I on a stick! So technically, we hiked it too, minus the blood sweat and tears!! LOL!
(Those ants in the background are the other people climbing up. I'm skerd!)



awwww THE GANG! Those outdoorsy fools! I am so opposite...I don't even like dirt!




No comments: