Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Poor Coop

Well, today was the scariest day of my life! Coop had started running a fever of 102 yesterday and he had 3 small seizures...I could not get it to go down lower than 101. Well, today he was taking a nap and within an hour, I decided to go in and get him out of his crib and have him take a nap with me...which I never do, but thank GOD I did! He slept for 2 1/2 hours with Sarge and I and then I laid him down next to me as I rolled of the bed quietly to fold laundry next to him. All of the sudden, Coop started having a seizure. I somehow found the phone, which I don't even remember getting and I called 9-1-1. The operator walked me through what to do while we waited for the ambulance. Apparently it was a b/c his fever had reached 105. We would have loved ot pick daddy up from the airport today, as he was flying home from deployment, but Jason Purcell (college roommate) went and got him since we were at the hospital. Paul got home and we were with each other for about 30min before he had to drive to Sac to pick up my parents who were coming to visit from TX. It was great timing for us since Coop was sick and we could use all the help, but it sucked for my parents I am sure.

1 comment:

JH said...

We were just so happy to be there to help out!!! Wished you lived closer, I would even settle for Cooper living closer!!! See you Labor Day Weekend!

Love and miss you 3 so much!
Gia and Popeye....