Saturday, August 1, 2009

AGGIE FRIENDS COMIN' TO TOWN!

On Thursday, 7/30/09, Chris and Ashley Walker flew in from Ft. Worth, TX to visit. I am so glad they finally got here! We have not seen them in over 2 yrs. The last time that Lauren and I had seen Ash was when we told her we were both prego! You may be wondering how we know the Walkers ...
When Paul was a Sophomore at A&M, he, Chris and Jason were in the Corps of Cadets together. Well, Ashley and Lauren knew each other, but now I was the newest g-friend. Paul and Ash had Accounting together and Paul realized that Ashley and I lived next to each other in the same apartment complex. Small world! So, Paul wanted me to meet his good friend, Ash, and we went over to her apartment. When Ash answered the door, I said, "Hey neighbor!" From that point on, Ash and I refer to each other as "Hey Neighba" and it was a great friendship from that point on! It is always great to have Aggies come visit! Never a dull moment!
Day #1:
Lauren and Riley took them to Fisherman's Wharf for some yummy clam chowder in Sourdough bowls! Day of tourism while I was working! :( Then Chris and Ash went to Cooper and Riley's last day of swim lessons with all of us! After all that, everyone came over to our house for dinner and catchin' up on old times.
Day# 2:
Paul took everyone to the Sim to fly. They all defended freedom today ... and then crashed into a mountain! HAHA! After that, it was a trip to Monsoon Burger ... you can guess how yummo it is! Then nap time and party time. We all met up at Jason and Lauren's for dinner and just had a great time catchin' up on good times with great friends! (Pics to come)
Day 3:
We headed to the Jelly Belly Factory for a tour with the kiddos. At first, it was Riley's turn to act as if her legs don't work and fall to the ground showing her complete disapproval of God knows what! All the while Cooper looked at her like she was crazy. Then she calmed down and we went on the tour of the factory. Both kiddos were surprisingly good until the very end when Cooper lost control. He fell to the floor kicking and screaming and letting me know how ticked off he was. I tried to pick him up and allow my arms to restrain him, but he is too dang strong. He was kicking and flailing his arms everywhere. The only good thing was that we were at the back of the line and all the commotion really got the line movin'! HaHa! After the Jelly Belly Factory we stopped for some burgers at In-N-Out and headed home. The guys were off golfing the entire morning and mid-afternoon and when they returned we all decided to head to Napa!





Me and Coopie at the Jelly Belly Factory. The hat didn't last long. As soon as he realized it was on his head, he ripped it off, tore it up and threw it!


The guys posing after a long day of golfing!



Riley told Coop what's up! She was layin' down the law in their relationship!





Pics from our drive through Napa...













We stopped off to eat dinner in Napa and all hell broke loose! "What is this crap you are making me eat? I am going to throw it on the ground instead! So there!"


This doesn't even begin to explain the mess of food everywhere! It is getting more and more difficult to take him out in public!

"Here, you try this crap and you'll see why I threw it on the ground and started crying! Give me more guacamole and I will behave. And don't put it on my chip for me ... I am a big boy and I can do everythiing by myself ... don't help me ... don't hold my hand ... just shut up and let me do my thang!"

Day 4:
Sailing on the San Francisco Bay! We got up early and headed to the bay for a beautiful day of sailing. We thought it would be like a Beyonce music video, with us laying out on the sailboat getting our tan on ... NOT! If any of you have seen the show, The Deadliest Catch, it was just like that ...well, kind of! The first 2 hours was nice and peaceful and we just sailed around the bay taking pictures of the seals and dolphins. (sigh) I must admit though ... it was freakin' cold! No swimsuits for us! We were all about the ski jackets! For lunch, we stopped at Angel Island for a picnic and then headed back out on the water. This time, the wind had picked up, the water was splashing over the boat and we lost a sail! Not an ideal situation. The guys were helping the skipper, while us gals huddled together for warmth and safety...Ashley was certain we were going to die!
After a day on the water and praying like hell that we would live to see our kids again, we decided to stop in Sausalito to eat at Spinnaker Restaurant, which smelled like a bunch of old people ... like a nursing home ... not so sure I will go there again! But, we did run into some old Ags ... really old ags ...haha...but they were so nice. We all had so much to chat about ...they felt like family ... our Aggie Family!
You might be wondering where Cooper and Riley are ... well, we have some great friends who watched them all day! Thanks Katie, Ashley and Amanda!! We owe y'all big time!


The gals posing before we take off! (L to R: Lauren, me, Ashley aka "my neighba")

The guys getting the boat ready to start sailing!



Beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge.


Pablo and I posing on the boat before the wind and water went crazy!


The gang huddled together for warmth!

Beautiful spot where we stopped for a picnic!


The gang posing at Angel Island!
(L to R: Chris, Ash, Lauren, Jason, me , Pablo)

No comments: