Saturday, July 18, 2009

HAWAII: DAY 1 ALOHA

We landed in Kona, HI on July 7th, Paul's b-day. What a great birthday ... HAWAII! The best part was listening to the Beach Boys on the radio as we drove around in our rent-a-Jeep. HaHa! My dad would be so proud!
We stayed at the amazing Fairmont Orchid! God bless their 70% off for military!
We were starving after the long flight, so we decided to catch a bite to eat at the hotel. Well, note to self, don't eat at the hotel...it is expensive. 1 burger, chips/guac, and 2 drinks = $80. I know ... insane! I am too cheap to keep doing that 3x a day, so I had Paul go to Walmart in town and get food for the week. I can totally do tuna sandwiches and turkey clubs for lunch!
Paul could not wait to take a dip!

This was one view of our balcony-Oceanview room...

...and this was the other view. ahhhhhh

The lighting of the torches each night!






No comments: