Friday, July 17, 2009

HAWAII: DAY 4 THE BIG HIKE

I had heard from the locals that the Pololu Valley Lookout was amazingly beautiful and so Paul and I drove almost 2 hours in our rent-a-Jeep to go see the scenic cliffs. If you notice, the sign also says Kohala Forest Reserve...no one mentioned to me that you can hike down the mountains to the black sand beaches. If they would have, oh lord, I would not have taken Paul, b/c I just knew he was going to drag my a-- down the mountain and right back up...and so he did!
This is why we should not be hiking on vacation!












These are the mountains that we were going down to get to the black sand beaches.


This is my girly Rocky pose! HaHa! I can't believe I hiked down this thing... now I have to go back up ... S*&%!
Pablo posing on the black sand beach. He wasn't really up for the Sports Illustrated look! LOL!
Can you tell we were missing Coop? (I know, I know, we will eat those words when we get back) I wanted to write Ol' Sarge in the sand too, but Paul wasn't havin' it!

Day 4 and we still look happy...haven't killed each other yet!

Paul...just being a kid! I told him that the rope swing was going to hurt his hands, but you know Paul, he has to figure that out on his own.
Okay, so the hike was fun, but I would not do it again. LOL! By the time we hiked back up it, I was drenched in sweat ... mmmm! After we cooled down, we drove through some of the small towns that Hawaii has and we stopped in Hawi to eat at a great restaurant called Bamboo.
As you can see, Paul's golden tan is beautiful. I tried the bronzer that Paul got me before I got burned. He said it had SPF in it...he failed to mention that it was SPF 4. Lord! Damn, my burn hurts! I actually had a jacket on before this picture so that my shoulders and chest would not see the light of day, but I had to take it off for all pics so that I did not look ridiculous w/a jacket on in Hawaii!
This sunset dinner cruise was actually a lot of fun. I think that besides the beautiful views, the people on the cruise made it great. We met a couple on their honeymoon and we chatted it up the whole time. There was another couple that was celebrating their 15th anniversary and seeing as how they were drunk before they got on the cruise, they definately made the evening fun. At one point, the boat was playing, "It takes two to make a thing go riiiight" and let me tell you sumpin' ... they can get down like nobody's business. She even started mooning everyone. What a hoot! Somehow, my stomach barely tolerated the motion of the ocean, but I was in no shape to get up and start shakin' my rump shaker. LOL.
Amazingly beautiful!...and we have about 20 pics of the same thing to prove it ... haha ... Paul loves taking multiple pictures of the same thing and I can't figure out why ... I love him anyway! No worries, I will now bore you with 20 pics of the sunset.

No comments: