Saturday, July 18, 2009

HAWAII: DAY 3 PAUL'S PICK

Since it was Paul's day to choose what he wanted to do, you won't be surprised when I tell you we went fishing ... for 4 hours!
This is us leaving the Honokohau Marina at 7am. It was a beautiful morning and who can deny that all of Hawaii is breath-taking, so I really thought that the fishing experience might be kind of fun. I was being optomistic for Paul's sake. LOL!
So, they began by putting us in the hot seat (I don't know what it is really called, but that is my fishing terminology) and instructing us on how to reel in the fish.

Yes, I have a jacket on ... I didn't not want to burn my burn!
Overall, it was a relaxing morning. Unfortunately, Paul was pretty bummed b/c the fish weren't hungry. Not even a nibble today. Oh well, he loved just being out on the boat. I, on the other hand, did not do well with the motion of the ocean. After 30min I got sick. Paul came to the rescue with Dramamine, but if he wanted me to stay awake and enjoy fishing w/him, Dramamine was not the drug of choice. I had no idea it puts you into a coma. Literally, I fell asleep sitting up for 3 hrs. HaHa! I felt well-rested to say the least!
After a long day on the boat and a lot of sleeping, we headed over to Tommy Bahamas for some drinks & appetizers. Luckily, we were stuck on Cali time, so when we were hungry at 4pm, it worked in our favor b/c it was Happy Hour!

Cheers!
Chug-a-lug!

He just has a drinking problem! LOL! (jk honey)

No comments: